Thursday 29 March 2012

Kicking off my wine blog "SAZ in the Cellar

I have been anxious to start this blog on wine for some time now, but have been hesitant because (1) I don't feel I know that much about wine, and (2) I am not that great a writer.  However, I am passionate about wine, love to talk about it and after reviewing a number of other blogs and having written prolifically over the last 6 months, I have more confidence that I may have something to share that others may be interested in.

I have also been encouraged by my author friend Blake Stevens who writes From Blake's Bookshelf and my wife Deanna Lang who writes DAZ in the Kitchen (and for who I have written several guest blog entries) to quit screwing around and get to work!  Henceforth, this blog is now commencing.

It is my intent to cover a variety of topics, including:
  • enjoyable ways to drink wine
  • matching wine and food
  • pointers to enjoy drinking wine more
  • pointers for buying and storing wine
  • my review of particular wine brands and vintages
  • hopefully enjoyable and humorous stories about wine drinking
I have named the column to be similar in name and be read in concert with my wife's blog DAZ in the Kitchen.  The intent of 'SAZ' is to stand for 'Steve from A - Z' about wine.

Hopefully both your eating and drinking experiences will be enhanced as a result.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment